Saturday, June 20, 2009

Finally!



I found out this week I passed my NCIDQ exam this past April. After months of studying and almost three months of waiting for test results, I can now call myself a certified Interior Designer. I will now be waiting for my certificate including my certification number in the mail. And I plan to know more about what our local group IDEAL (Interior Design Education and Legislation) for Idaho is doing.

My process for studying was to read through some of the important books, make an outline of important point, and then make flash cards. I found Flash Card Machine which is a online flash card maker where you can search for a specific subject and find existing cards or you can make your own. The STEP course put on by ASID is great to help you prepare for what to expect with the actual exam, they also give you practice quizzes as well as some practicum examples to study for the exam. Check the schedule for future locations where the class will be hosted. The website, The Power to Pass, is also a helpful forum (message board) of designers all over the country who discuss their issues and solutions about studying for the exam.

Here are a few of the books and resources I found useful.

NCIDQ&A - PLiNTH & CHiNTZ : Great blog about NCIDQ and ID
Quizlet : Online quizzes for the exam
Flash Card Machine : Search for 'NCIDQ'
STEP Class by ASID : (as shown above)
The Power to Pass : (as shown above)

The Codes Guidebook for Interior Designers by Sharon Koomen Harmon
Professional Practice for Interior Designers by Christine M. Piotrowski
The Interior Design Reference Manual by
David Kent Ballast
NCIDQ Exam Flashcard Secrets: NCIDQ Test Practice Questions & Review


::::

I hope those who are studying find the information I have posted to be useful. Please know its a great accomplishment to pass this test, and an important milestone in your professional career!

(image above via buildings.com, click image for a great article about NCIDQ)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin