Thursday, September 10, 2009

French Films...I Love

Since I have been discussing and showing images of my past trip to France. I wanted to share some of my favorite French Films and Filmmakers. I love getting caught up in the beautiful scenery, and discovering how they each have a style of their own.


Three Colors: Blue (Trois Couleurs: Bleu)
Which is actually a French-Polish film, Directed by Krzysztof Kieslowski
Kieslowski made this a trilogy so the other two films are Three Colors: White and Red (1994). Each film has a fantastic actress in the lead role.

The Director's other notable work: The Double Life of Véronique (1991)

This Film has many notable directors who contributed since the film is a series of shorts directed by 21 different directors, of which are not all french directors. Its a must see if you have been to Paris since they feature many fantastic locations.

Swimming Pool
Is a French-English film Directed by François Ozon
This film is what introduced me to Ludivine Sagnier (whom I love) who also has a role in Paris, Je T' Aime. The film is a thriller set in the countryside of France, so there is plenty of beautiful scenery and a fantastic plot.

Directors other notable work: 8 Women (8 femmes) (2002), starring Ludivine Sagnier.


Amélie (Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain)
Is a French film directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet
This film introduced the world to Audrey Tautou, who's leading role is of a lady who works as a waitress. This film is almost work of art, by the way the director carefully thought out each quirky minute. The love interest in the film is played by Mathieu Kassovitz who is also a famous and fabulous French Filmmaker.

Directors other notable work: The City of Lost Children (1995), where Ron Perlman speaks fluent French.

1 comment:

craftedbylindy said...

I love Amelie! It's one of my favourite movies. In fact it may be time for me to watch it again!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin